Sunday, September 19, 2010

The beginning...

Everyone and everything has to start somewhere and sometime... Well here I am starting a blog. I am wondering how successful it will be. I am somewhat nervous about putting things out there for the whole world to see. I suspect there won't be too many people if any that will follow it.

Today my family went out to take some picture of the whole family. Melanie (my wife) had a friend come and take the pictures for us. We puttered around looking for the best site to take the pictures while my kids ran around the waterfall throwing rocks into the water. We finally got the place set up and gathered the herd up and got the pictures taken. I have not seen them yet but I am sure that I won't like them because I absolutely abhor seeing images of myself. I really don't know why that is; it certainly causes problems when I go to shave and manage my hair.

You may be wondering why I have Danish written on my blog... Let me make something very clear before I explain... I am a proud American citizen first of all. Got that? Good. Now, my ancestors came from Denmark around the 1840's. I am proud of my heritage and seek to understand it. As I study Danish people I understand a lot more about my family. ...certain ways of thinking, certain customs, types of personalities, etc. I also study the Danish language. I love it. It feels so natural to me, and since my ancestry is Danish, it just seems right to me to include Danish in my blog.

Well, that is all I have for now. As I start to get the hang of blogging you will be able to read more. If you are actually looking at my blog, thank you. I hope you have a wonderful day/night.

No comments:

Post a Comment